The Fifth Annual Derek’s Dash for Dravet will take place on Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 8:30 am at Cherry Creek Dam Road, Greenwood Village, CO.
What: 5k race and silent auction, there will be fun and entertainment for all ages!
When: Sunday, August 18, 2013, at 8:30 am. Check-in at 7:30 am.
Where: Start Line is at the west end of the Dam Road near Cherry Creek High School’s East Building. Parking is available at the lot by Cherry Creek High School’s East building.
Who: Anyone and everyone is invited!
Cost: Registration information will be coming soon.
Plus: Join us after the race for a family festival wiith fun for everyone. We will have facepainting, games, a dj, and a great sponsor expo.
- Top overall Male & Female
- 1st place Male and Females in the following age groups: 12 & Under, 13 – 19, 20 – 29, 30 – 39, 40 – 49, 50 – 59, 60 & Over
- Teams: A special prize will be awarded to the team with the most participants.
- Fundraising Awards: Both the team and individual who raise the most donations will receive a prize.
About Dravet Syndrome Foundation
The mission of Dravet Syndrome Foundation (DSF) is to aggressively raise research funds for Dravet syndrome and related epilepsies; to increase awareness of these catastrophic conditions; and to provide support to affected individuals and families.
- The ongoing need to fund innovative research
- The urgency in finding better treatments
- The motivation of our donors to make an impact specifically in the fields of Dravet syndrome and related epilepsies
- The importance of transparency and accountability of not only our organization, but the researchers that we fund
- The need for global collaboration in order to find a cure
Dravet Syndrome Foundation was founded by a group of parents with the purpose of expediting research to find a cure and better treatments for their afflicted children. It was established in the state of Connecticut and was designated a tax-exempt public charity in the United States in October 2009 by the Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3).